Friday 3 October 2014

Review | The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness


The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
( Chaos Walking #2 )
Young Adult / Dystopia / Science Fiction

2. May 2013 | Walker Books
Paperback, 553 pages


Summary:

I have thought about writing a summary but, in the end, I decided against it. This book is a direct continuation of the first one, The Knife of Never Letting Go , and anything I say about the plot of this book would spoil the first one. That is something I don't want to do. Now let's get onto the review.


5 out of 5 stars


The characters in this book, the whole series actually, are simply amazing they are the core of this story. You can't help falling in love with them. Patrick Ness has created some of the most interesting and amazing characters that I have ever read about. 

Starting with Todd, my favourite character. As I kept reading further into the book I found myself falling in love with him more and more. His character development is amazing, very interesting and intense to read about. He is a flawed character, he makes mistakes and regrettable decisions. Being put into the situation that he is it is only natural that he makes the decision that he does. That makes him more human.

Moving onto Viola, a character I am loving more and more. In this book we find more and more about her as we are reading through her point of view. She is a strong and very smart character. I am loving the relationship between Todd and Viola. Their relationship is so sweet and endearing, they trust each other and they care about each other so much. They are amazing together but also on their own, which is not the case in many books.

This series has some amazing villains. In this book we meet a new one beside the obvious villain of the first book. They are manipulative, they deceive and lie. Those are the characteristics that make the best villains, in my opinion at least.

The writing style of Patrick Ness is so amazing. It is unique and beautiful. I love the way he writes the story, the dialog is fantastic. This book is an emotional ride. I am reading the next one right away, I need to know what happens next!


No comments:

Post a Comment